Monday, 2024-05-06, 6:54 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | An important decision! - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Off-Topic » An important decision! (So which do I choose?)
An important decision!
Should I (hayato) be a network administrator? or continue being a Computer Engineer?
1. Be a network admin, you can "control" computers!!! [ 2 ] [66.67%]
2. Stay a Computer Engineer, that way you can build the next best thing. [ 0 ] [0.00%]
3. What is a computer? Whats a network? Huh? [ 1 ] [33.33%]
4. Neither, I think you should pick a different career path... [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 3
hayato725Date: Tuesday, 2009-09-08, 5:36 AM | Message # 1
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
Ok so I love starting Off-topic stuff, but anyways what I'm interested in is the communities career paths. If you have current plans (college) or are planning ahead to being a big person somewhere far and high, I'd like to know (I'm a curious, curious man). Anyways, I asked myself that question and would like opinions (if you have any) on which career would suit me better. I always thought of going down the networking path because of my: fast typing, memorization of commands, and knowledge of protocols and how a network works. I can lay out a network topology (the whole network, like the whole picture of it) pretty well and I was also praised by a professor who manages a center in Palmdale for NASA. Well anyways, I actually kind of like the ability to work with circuits themselves and finding how 'the down to the circuit board' computer works. Well anyways, influence my decision!!! I can always stick with what I'm doing now, but at this point, I'm not so sure. Anyways, comment up!

Part of the Illustrious "Team Phantom" squad!!! Be a fan today!

GodHadesDate: Tuesday, 2009-09-08, 8:14 AM | Message # 2
GOD
Group: Blocked
Might as well go with what you know best. Take up building computers as a hobby if your interested, but don't change your career path because of it, lol.

If you're good at something, keep doing it.

PhantomXIIIDate: Monday, 2009-09-28, 3:06 AM | Message # 3
Bloody
Group: Head Moderator
Hey mate, just follow your dreams. Personally, I'd recommend sticking with what you like and continue to pursue you other interests.

Well, Hades has laid it out really nice. Not much input space for me, ha ha.

Anyways, I will be undertaking a Master's degree in Pharmacy in the UK. At the same time I'm also applying for Medicine in hopes that I'll be able to switch into it the following year (I scored above-average on the UKCAT, but there still are other indicators they use in considering candidates).

If things do not go according to plan, that's fine because I enjoy helping other people and Pharmacy is as good a health-care profession as any. Furthermore, Pharmacy is becoming more clinically-inclined and is longer just about sitting behind the counter and handing out prescriptions, ha ha.

=)

Added (2009-09-28, 3:06 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Topic closed.

PM me if you want it re-opened.

Cheers.

Forum » General » Off-Topic » An important decision! (So which do I choose?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024