Sunday, 2024-05-05, 1:41 AM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | My Doodles - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Graphics » Show Room » My Doodles (Image heavy)
My Doodles
AilynDate: Monday, 2009-04-27, 10:31 PM | Message # 16
Level 15
Group: Fly For Hero Player
OMFG GAWD HADES XD

PhantomXIIIDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 2:43 AM | Message # 17
Bloody
Group: Head Moderator
Woah, nice one!

You brought me out of my comfort zone with this picture, but that's a good thing =D

Firstly, I'd like to comment on the ears... they're well done and you've certainly nailed down the details. Ear detail is not my pet peeve, but good stuff your're showing.

I also noticed the anatomy of your drawing and it's a fresh take on the human body; what lies beneath/within. Very cool.

The hand and feet articulation were well done despite not being your favourite parts to tackle.

Another aspect of the bodies that stood out for me was the detail you paid attention to with regards to the muscular aritculation. It serves to add to the realism of the picture and the reaper man... he's awesome. He looks creepy and has a badass appearance (woe betide any foolish mortal who dare to cross his path!). You've definitely taken care of that department.

And speaking of perspective, you've shown me a good example of how it's done. You've certainly established the details of the foreground, the background and everything else in between (for instance, the perspective on the lifeless bodies and the flayer's razor appendages).

I don't have any real criticisms except for the fact that some shading is in due order. Then again, it's a doodle, right?

Overall, this piece is very well done to be called a mere "doodle." The final verdict: 8.8/10

*daps* More updates, please =)

GodHadesDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 8:14 AM | Message # 18
GOD
Group: Blocked
Quote (kakawuh)
Awwwww sooooo cute :3 <-- big fan of zombei movies etc XP

I think we might get along just fine. :3

Quote (Ailyn)
OMFG GAWD HADES XD

At least it isn't boring to look at. smile
Plus I warned you guys in the chat, lol. Expect all my art to be somewhat like this.

GodHadesDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 8:14 AM | Message # 19
GOD
Quote (PhantomXIII)
You brought me out of my comfort zone with this picture, but that's a good thing =D

Thats what I always aim for. If art gets to predictable, it gets boring. I want to get the person to stop and actually look and observe the picture.

Quote (PhantomXIII)
I also noticed the anatomy of your drawing and it's a fresh take on the human body; what lies beneath/within. Very cool.

O, lol, I wouldn't reference the anantomy in the doodle. I drew this straight out of my head, so i have no idea if any of it is right. If I convinced you that it looked right, then I guess i did a good job :>

Quote (PhantomXIII)
the reaper man... he's awesome. He looks creepy and has a badass appearance (woe betide any foolish mortal who dare to cross his path!). You've definitely taken care of that department.

Thanks. The general idea of the pic is that the guy is supposed to represent men's true nature and how we see women as sometimes just a body or sexualize certain body parts. We may try as we like to seem like gentlemen and remain civilized, but we are still animals underneath who often fall prey to our own instincts. Not that we go on killing sprees, lol, I was just exaggerating the idea. lol, and this is all for a doodle. I'd also like to say that this perspective is most likely shared by women as well (i.e. they view us as DNA carriers and supporters). Of course these views are simplified and may seem narrow. Know that I am not that simple minded D: - man, we need to have topics like these. They would be fun to debate.

Quote (PhantomXIII)
And speaking of perspective, you've shown me a good example of how it's done. You've certainly established the details of the foreground, the background and everything else in between (for instance, the perspective on the lifeless bodies and the flayer's razor appendages).

thanks! I appreciate that you looked that deeply into it.

GodHadesDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 8:14 AM | Message # 20
GOD
Quote (PhantomXIII)
I don't have any real criticisms except for the fact that some shading is in due order. Then again, it's a doodle, right?

I call these doodles because I never sit down and plan these out like I do with my other art. And yeah, I don't normally shade my doodles unless I'm really bored.

Quote (PhantomXIII)
Overall, this piece is very well done to be called a mere "doodle." The final verdict: 8.8/10

XD i swear, its just a doodle.
heh, thanks for the rating. happy

Sorry that i have so many posts. They kept ending up being too long. >_<

GodHadesDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 8:33 AM | Message # 21
GOD
Alrighty, here one from my Research and Report class. Its hella boring in there. This has some meaning to me, but i'm not going to bother explaining it. Ignore the note at the top. Just reminding myself that I had something to do when I got home. (Yes, i mispelled "redefine" - i was half asleep)

kakawuhDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 2:45 PM | Message # 22
Chat Mod
ok robot head thingy scares me a lil bit ._.

but i really like how you got the rinckles and stichings in the cloths made
i always get to lazy for that xD

SO YOU DARE CHALLENGE THE MIGHTY KAKAWUH
then do so here

AilynDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 4:52 PM | Message # 23
Level 15
well this one scares me less.. anyway, awesome work
on your own style :3

PhantomXIIIDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 5:54 PM | Message # 24
Bloody
Man, this picture is deep XD

First things first, I like your style. If one thing is for certain, it's the fact that I'll never get bored.

The clothing was well done and I too, admire the details of the creases and folds in them that serves to reflect realism.

Heh, the bizarre appendage emerging (?) from his mouth are pretty cool. That single 'eye' looking at him is quite unnerving (for him too, but the dood doesn't seem to have any eyes to notice lol). The robot's cute X3

All right! The lips. They're sexy... REALLY sexy with that tongue... lapping up the man's, uh... flesh XD Despite the creepy factor, I wouldn't mind kissing those lips. I just don't want to get liquified and then devoured by them XD Yeah, they're THAT good.

Okay, this comment is the last one mentioned for this picture. It is fitting because I feel it's one of (if not, the most) important aspect of your doodles. Symbolism. These doodles you draw have meaning for you as it does for other people who view your work.

From my perspective, your doodles comment something about the human condition as well as the moral values that different people possess with varying degrees. Ugh, more thinking XD Does not want. Just kidding. Being made to think outside the box is fine with me.

Bravo!

My score: 8.6/10

Message edited by PhantomXIII - Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 5:55 PM

GodHadesDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 2:48 AM | Message # 25
GOD
Did this one in 9th or 10th grade. My art teacher asked us to draw flowers, so I did.
This one was pretty big, so I had to scan the picture in 4-5 sections, so sorry if it looks chopped up.
Click the thumbnail:

AilynDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 2:57 AM | Message # 26
Level 15
OMG, so damn awesome ._. i wish i got your talent, god D;

kakawuhDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 3:02 AM | Message # 27
Chat Mod
Well im not art critic mainly becouse it never had any interest

So all i can really say is wow
the eyeballs is amazing to say the least

btw what does that thing his forehead stand for?
your initials or something?

SO YOU DARE CHALLENGE THE MIGHTY KAKAWUH
then do so here

GodHadesDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 6:30 AM | Message # 28
GOD
Quote (Ailyn)
OMG, so damn awesome ._. i wish i got your talent, god D;

haha thanks. Oh geeze, what is that coming out of my ears. amagawd, my ego!

Quote (kakawuh)
btw what does that thing his forehead stand for? your initials or something?

The world may never know.
Perhaps it stands for Death Burn and Murder. Letters can represent a lot of things biggrin
Its just a running theme I have on all my pics. Only my close friends know what it means. ;p

PhantomXIIIDate: Saturday, 2009-05-02, 7:15 AM | Message # 29
Bloody
O_O

Good, my eyes are still here =\

I would like to congratulate you on your imagination. Looks like I can't really hold your sense of humour against you XD

The man watering his eyes/plant is creepy cool. I like the emptiness of his eye sockets. They go on forever. Looking at how he has no eyes and his mouth is gagged, does he lack ears as well? For me, this character would embody a proverbial principle that features the monkeys (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil). Very cool how you're bringing in the symbolism factor again with your picture =) And considering your knack for deep thought, I may even go as far as guessing that you may have the "fourth counterpart" or "do no evil" and that can be represented with... well, lack of genetalia or something P= Or not, but that's my take XD

He's nurturing the plant (?) with his pain (!?) and only his "parts" thrive from it. Meanwhile, the "other eyes" or other people can't take it and appear to wither or shrink away from it. Aye. I'm tired and I apologize for the lame interpretations X3 Back to the art XD

The eyeball plants have very lovely eyes (ooh, veins) and in particular, the eye in the foreground to the bottom left has a very nice circular... geometry (bleh my vocabulary) XD I suck with circles and you've performed otherwise. Again, the variety of perspectives present in the drawing is very nice to look at.

I'd also like to comment on the background shading. It adds to the dark atmosphere and I can imagine myself in that desolate and lonely setting. Wewt.

Sweet upload, Hades and you can bet that I don't want you to be my florist X3

9/10

GodHadesDate: Monday, 2009-05-04, 9:15 AM | Message # 30
GOD
I haven't been able to do many doodles lately, so i'm uploading another pic from high school (10th grade i believe), lol.

For this one, IGNORE the background. I did this at 4 or 5 AM (like I do for all my homework :3) and its VERY rushed. However, I still like the main focus of the picture. This picture wouldn't have been so controversial with my teachers if it wasn't for the title (though, the content alone is enough for question). This one is called "Dads Home." In the end, my art teacher defended me saying it was my way of expression or something and said I just did was she asked. Everyone ended up liking it anyway - ending their positive comments with "lol, you're crazy Hades" at which i responded by taking out my razor blade and making a another tally mark on my tongue. XD
A lot of my work was always causing controvery, MUHAHAHAHA.

My art teacher asked for a scene of sadness. I delivered.

Forum » Graphics » Show Room » My Doodles (Image heavy)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024