Saturday, 2024-05-18, 10:48 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Are You all Kidding? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Old Threads » Are You all Kidding? (Thread Name Says All.)
Are You all Kidding?
firebenderjayDate: Wednesday, 2009-09-30, 10:56 PM | Message # 1
TROLL
Group: Head Moderator
From what i've seen in this thread/forum (or w/e its called) is that everyone likes the site and says its amazing ._.
I dun see where you all get that from x.x
The main site doesn't look that amazing and it loads slow compared to other private server's websites. also the website of the forum doesn't even look like the main page, it seems like i'm on another website. And the HUUUUGE pop-up which shows up on doesn't make the game attractive to new players. Ways to remove the ugly pop-up while getting votes will be explained in the suggestion thread.

Just shush u face...

PhantomXIIIDate: Thursday, 2009-10-01, 1:02 AM | Message # 2
Bloody
Lol, it's awesome for our own reasons.

It isn't awesome for your own reasons.

Thanks for your input.

Added (2009-10-01, 1:02 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (firebenderjay)
The main site doesn't look that amazing

Yeah, but it's not garbage either.

Quote (firebenderjay)
it loads slow compared to other private server's websites

Loads fine for me every time. =/

Quote (firebenderjay)
also the website of the forum doesn't even look like the main page, it seems like i'm on another website

True, but whatever.

Quote (firebenderjay)
HUUUUGE pop-up which shows up on doesn't make the game attractive to new players

Are you offended by the "No, I don't want to vote and I suck"? It's funny. Don't take it so seriously.

Quote (firebenderjay)
Ways to remove the ugly pop-up while getting votes will be explained in the suggestion thread.

I look forward to it.

hayato725Date: Friday, 2009-10-02, 7:57 AM | Message # 3
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
Quote (firebenderjay)
From what i've seen in this thread/forum (or w/e its called) is that everyone likes the site and says its amazing ._.
I dun see where you all get that from x.x

Quote (firebenderjay)
And the HUUUUGE pop-up which shows up on doesn't make the game attractive to new players.

Well... sure its a nuisance... but actually it helps private servers which really have limited exposure gain public interest when people go searching for Fly FF private servers. Votes put servers such as this closer to the top, thus giving people a chance to say "hey this might be a good server"... and that it is recognized by the community who vote on it as a "lovely" server. Sorry you feel its "huge".... but It isn't THAT big. What's so hard about clicking the "do not vote" button anyway? Nuisance? maybe. Unattractive? I don't think so... since other servers *cough musara cough* do the same thing as well....

Quote (firebenderjay)
The main site doesn't look that amazing

I think what matters more is the contents and quality of the server... not its site. The site isn't "supposed" to be amazing. I mean its decent, and it would be nice for it to look more "flashy" I suppose, but it isn't necessary in my opinion.

Quote (firebenderjay)
Ways to remove the ugly pop-up while getting votes will be explained in the suggestion thread.

I think you're more inclined to do something, if it is right in your face.... instead of hiding in a url link or button somewhere on the website. Is it really that bothersome? I certainly don't think so.

Quote (firebenderjay)
it loads slow compared to other private server's websites.

So do many other "comparable" sites. It doesn't seem like a bad thing since we're talking seconds. Now if it took an hour to load a page on a 150KB/s connection... then I think there is some "kind" of problem. Other then that... it isn't a big issue.

Part of the Illustrious "Team Phantom" squad!!! Be a fan today!

firebenderjayDate: Friday, 2009-10-02, 4:54 PM | Message # 4
TROLL
Quote (PhantomXIII)

Loads fine for me every time. =/

I ment to say "it Loads anoying"
I'll show you in a video how the site loads on my screen.

Quote (firebenderjay)
also the website of the forum doesn't even look like the main page, it seems like i'm on another website

Quote (PhantomXIII)

True, but whatever.

._. idk what to say about that.

Quote (PhantomXIII)

Are you offended by the "No, I don't want to vote and I suck"? It's funny. Don't take it so seriously.

No, I don't feel offended. But i think i make my point clear that i don't want to vote after clicking it away 100 times.
There are better ways to increase the number of votes AND removing the pop-up. Ill post them after this reply.

Quote (hayato725)
I think what matters more is the contents and quality of the server... not its site. The site isn't "supposed" to be amazing. I mean its decent, and it would be nice for it to look more "flashy" I suppose, but it isn't necessary in my opinion.

Well ofc it shoud not be "flashy". But I think it could look more profession.

Quote (hayato725)
I think you're more inclined to do something, if it is right in your face.... instead of hiding in a url link or button somewhere on the website. Is it really that bothersome? I certainly don't think so.

What is wrong with hiding it somewhere on the website? The people who vote do it to help the server, not to remove the pop-up. And yes it is bothersome ._. and I don't think it helps making the site look more professional.

Added (2009-10-02, 4:54 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
My new suggestions (and eddited pett suggestion) are up in Suggestion thread ^^ please read.

Just shush u face...

PhantomXIIIDate: Friday, 2009-10-02, 7:29 PM | Message # 5
Bloody
Yeah, it's much better than this thread in terms of content and validity.

Forum » General » Old Threads » Are You all Kidding? (Thread Name Says All.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024