Friday, 2024-05-03, 9:33 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Ducki's GM application edit: [DEVELOPER] - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Fly For Hero » Staff Applications » Ducki's GM application edit: [DEVELOPER]
Ducki's GM application edit: [DEVELOPER]
DuckiDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 8:07 AM | Message # 1
Level 1
Group: Gold Donator
Well let me start off by saying that i do not fully know if applications are being accepted right now but it wouldnt hurt to fill one out right?

Now a little bit about myself:
I'm a computer science major currently in his sophomore year at a local community college, I love programming, and i love this community. It has provided a relaxed environment to cool off after a long days work (yeah right, long days work lol). The concept here is great. And its working out so far as well.

What qualifies me:
Well I know three programming languages: C++, CSharp, and VB.Net. On top of that i know the basics of maneuvering a database configuration manager of the SQL variety. And finally i know some HTML. (:P) That's the technical aspect of it all. I hate to see people hurt or upset. It's who I am. I love helping others and whenever I do something it either A. is me trying to do what i think will make you happy or keep you from being mad (especially if I screw up, then i try to make amends) or B. You kept spamming me in the arena and now I'm going to try to fight back this time. In other words I hate making enemies. I have experience with private servers as I tried operating a WoW private server until I found out it was against the user liscense agreement to which i promptly shut it down. Other stuff I know about computers includes how to use the registry editor, command prompt, reformat, defrag a hard drive, tune up a pc, and manually scan for viruses (can't expect to get them all this way though). I have also operated a forum as admin at one time (free to own and host) but due to lack of members I disbanded it.

Why I am applying:
I have noticed that the only person on staff that I have seen is xDex and they aren't on whenever I have a question. Now I don't blame him or accuse him as we all have personal lives to attend to at some time or another. So I'm filling this out in the event xDex does need help maintaining or running the server.

How to contact me:
I don't check email often but here it is: gourlaydaniel@yahoo.com
The best way to contact me is to send a memo, pm, or mail me in game.

In Conclusion:
I thank those who are reviewing this application if any at all, wish the best to all, and hope I make it (of course).

Regards,
Ducki

Edit:
If you require any further information feel free to ask.

Message edited by Ducki - Friday, 2010-01-22, 1:25 AM

-Genesis-Date: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 11:13 AM | Message # 2
Level 1
Group: Bronze Donator
Very nice am sure Dex would take this into consideration as you said Dex is of course a busy person and does not really get online much.

I would ask the question

If you were to become GM, what improvments would you make to the general FFH community?

DuckiDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 9:27 PM | Message # 3
Level 1
Well for starters I don't actually know the intricate structure of this server (how its been modified) I only know the basics of setup like loginservers, worldservers, databases and the such so I might not be the best bug troubleshooter but I would enjoy brainstorming ideas for various solutions, event, and the such as a fresh perspective on things always helps. I love to help people, as a reference I name Tessie (in game name). She was scammed out of a few million penya so i gladly donated some of mine. I realize I wouldn't be able to do this if I were accepted as GM because gifts are to be refused but it's the general thought of kindness (man I sound vain) that counts. I'm always trying to be polite and understand what you are trying to tell me or ask me especially with their being many various cultures and languages integrated into this one server. And as I learn more I will hopefully become a more valuable asset to this server if I am accepted.

Edit:
And thank you for the comment at the beginning of your post smile

Message edited by Ducki - Thursday, 2010-01-21, 9:35 PM

firebenderjayDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 1:10 AM | Message # 4
TROLL
Group: Head Moderator
First of all, Dex isn't looking for a GM atm.
refer to this thread to see what he needs atm:

http://flyforhero.ucoz.com/forum/38-2324-1

You can also see there how to setup an application

Quote (Ducki)
I might not be the best bug troubleshooter but I would enjoy brainstorming ideas for various solutions, event, and the such as a fresh perspective on things always helps.

You don't have to be a GM to help the server.
You can help with thinking of events/debugging as a player.

Quote (Ducki)
I have noticed that the only person on staff that I have seen is xDex and they aren't on whenever I have a question. Now I don't blame him or accuse him as we all have personal lives to attend to at some time or another. So I'm filling this out in the event xDex does need help maintaining or running the server.

You can always ask me. I've been here for a very long time and know almost everything about the server.
For most donating related questions, you need to ask Dex. But i think he will always handle that sort of questions, even though there would be more GM's.

Quote (Ducki)
I hate to see people hurt or upset. It's who I am. I love helping others and whenever I do something it either A. is me trying to do what i think will make you happy or keep you from being mad (especially if I screw up, then i try to make amends)

Again, why do you think you got to be a GM to help others? Can't you help them as in player to player support?

Just shush u face...

DuckiDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 1:22 AM | Message # 5
Level 1
Okie lets try this again :P

(DEVELOPER)

Name [Can be IGN]: Daniel (ign: Ducki)

Coding Languages you know: C++, Csharp, VB.NET

Why you want to join: I've noticed bugs being exploited and want to take a crack at it. (the wall in arena bug is the one i notice the most)

Examples of your work: Well i worked for a pathology diagnostics company as their programmer creating addins for excel workbooks using interop, odbc, linq and the such.

Message edited by Ducki - Friday, 2010-01-22, 1:24 AM

7thNemesisDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 5:35 AM | Message # 6
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
Ive read your post ducki, and your qualifications are almost acceptable (for me). I understand your every views as me trying to make server good place to be. (I tank random newbies and even help them with Npc sets till they be able to stand on their own without hardships as starters.) things like these are just common thing for me to do everyday as i log in. You fit being developer as you know such programming language, too bad for me i can only do SQL injection jobs.

and as for this;

Quote (Ducki)
I've noticed bugs being exploited and want to take a crack at it. (the wall in arena bug is the one i notice the most)

I hope Youll get this done when you are accepted by Dex, since dex seems to be real busy this past few weeks :D, we all got real lives to play, So i also understand.

DuckiDate: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 5:46 AM | Message # 7
Level 1
Can someone give me a general idea when my application will have been accepted or rejected? I don't want to rush anybody (that's the last thing I want) but I would like a general idea when, if that's within reason to ask.

firebenderjayDate: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 11:00 AM | Message # 8
TROLL
Group: Head Moderator
Quote (Ducki)
Can someone give me a general idea when my application will have been accepted or rejected? I don't want to rush anybody (that's the last thing I want) but I would like a general idea when, if that's within reason to ask.

If you hear nothing from Dex = rejected

Just shush u face...

CounterweightDate: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 3:55 PM | Message # 9
Level 1
Group: Developer
Quote (7thNemesis)
Ive read your post ducki, and your qualifications are almost acceptable (for me). I understand your every views as me trying to make server good place to be. (I tank random newbies and even help them with Npc sets till they be able to stand on their own without hardships as starters.) things like these are just common thing for me to do everyday as i log in. You fit being developer as you know such programming language, too bad for me i can only do SQL injection jobs.

Too bad for you im the website developer and secured the full site.

@ Topic:
No response.
Reason: Suspiciously aiming for Powers ingame => Abuse. Plus, you don't have what FFH is looking for.

7thNemesisDate: Tuesday, 2010-01-26, 2:06 PM | Message # 10
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
Quote (Counterweight)
Too bad for you im the website developer and secured the full site.

pretty confident huh.

well goodluck.

Forum » Fly For Hero » Staff Applications » Ducki's GM application edit: [DEVELOPER]
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024