Friday, 2024-05-17, 10:32 AM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Letter to Dex. - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Fly For Hero » General » Letter to Dex.
Letter to Dex.
GodHadesDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 6:39 PM | Message # 16
GOD
Group: Blocked
Well, it seems like everyone is going about this issue in an uncivil manner.
The first thing I should mention is that nothing can be done about Matt's strength. He worked for his stats as well as the money he donated IRL. Obviously, he had a lot of determination to become a strong player. Who can blame him for that? His donation as well as all other donations are keeping the server up for you all to play, but I'm sure you knew that. As for his attitude, well all I've seen is that he likes to call people nabs after killing them in the arena... but honestly, we all do that. And if it counts for anything, I sneaker him (which is just a 40 second time out) whenever he gets carried away and not let other people have fun in the arena. THATS RIGHT MATT, NOW YOU KNOW: The arena doesn't belong to anyone. But of course, I understand if he wants to go on a rampage and slaughter everyone every now and then.

We may all not necessarily agree with the custom pets, but it's Dex's server and he can pretty much do as he likes. IF HE WANTED IT TO RAIN THE BLOOD OF CHILDREN UPON THE LAND, THEN BY GOD, IT SHALL RAIN THE BLOOD OF CHILDREN! but we're still working on that...
As for the "sweep this problem under the rug" rule to mute people who complain - I don't agree with and I've already expressed this to Dex. I guess we'll see what happens.
I am open to reading concerns that everyone has - so I'm all for freedom of speech. If I'm able to hear your concerns then I'll be able to, hopefully, do something about it. And I'd like for people to know that I'm actually taking their concerns into consideration when making decisions. So don't feel like all is hopeless.

The arena isn't the whole game and I wish for everyone to be reminded of that. I'm trying to have several events for you guys everyday and you can't pretend you guys don't enjoy it because every time one event is completed, everyone PMs me asking for another. The rewards may be big or small, but its better than standing around in the arena all day getting annoyed. And just to let you guys know, Matt hasn't won any competition events I've hosted so far :/

There is one thing I've noticed though, every time I do an invasion, some people will PM me in the end and say something like "Matt stole the giants" or "This event is just for Matt!"
However, its because only Matt is willing to go in and keep fighting. I've seen him loose levels during an invasion and he kept going in to tank the mobs. Most people just left or stood on the side when things got too hard. And some tried to sneak in and take the drops after doing nothing. Some even waited FOR Matt to go in and tank. So please don't be a bunch of hypocrites. If you aren't willing to sacrifice to gain the greater rewards then you have no right to complain.

Hmm, isn't Matt so flattered he has a whole thread dedicated to him smile
I think the next picture is relevant to this thread.

Also, instead of complaining, lets hear some suggestions guys. Besides getting rid of the custom pets, what would you like to see happen? What kind of events do you wish would happen more often? What changes would you like?

firebenderjayDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:01 PM | Message # 17
TROLL
Group: Head Moderator
Quote (GodHades)
but it's Dex's server and he can pretty much do as he likes.

Well, then that's a problem that needs to be fixed

Quote (GodHades)
As for the "sweep this problem under the rug" rule to mute people who complain - I don't agree with and I've already expressed this to Dex. I guess we'll see what happens.

Money > Your expression
Quote (GodHades)

The arena isn't the whole game and I wish for everyone to be reminded of that.

Matt summons me often into the arena with his lord powers to kill me. So no where in-game i'm safe.

Quote (GodHades)
However, its because only Matt is willing to go in and keep fighting. I've seen him loose levels during an invasion and he kept going in to tank the mobs. Most people just left or stood on the side when things got too hard. And some tried to sneak in and take the drops after doing nothing. Some even waited FOR Matt to go in and tank. So please don't be a bunch of hypocrites. If you aren't willing to sacrifice to gain the greater rewards then you have no right to complain.

That's just BULLSHIT. Sorry to say Hades, but that's not correct. Most people stay out the arena during an invasion cause Matt will kill them. And if Matt decides to kill everyone during an invasion, of course all mobs be on him, there are no players left in the arena. Makes sence to me, doesn't it? And that's why other players wait outside until the "big" Matt is done and try to loot the drops. Also makes sence to me.

Quote (GodHades)
Also, instead of complaining, lets hear some suggestions guys. Besides getting rid of the custom pets, what would you like to see happen? What kind of events do you wish would happen more often? What changes would you like?

Lets just name the server "Matt's World"
naw jk's

I've no suggestions atm, i know the only solution is to defeat Matt(duh), or wait until someone shoots him in war. But because so many people are afraid of him and join his guild so he can shove money and donation items up in their asses and they'll be strong. I'm just waiting on the players that won't join Matt's guild and dare to fight him. Then i will form a guild with them and finally have fun on this server, hopefully.

Just shush u face...

FalosDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:07 PM | Message # 18
Ninja
Group: Gold Donator
It's not because pll buy dp, it's about the 9/9/9/9/9 pet. And we both know no dontator would never sell a 9/9/9/9/9 pet to a player, it'll cost too much.
I already gave one away for free. If anyone wants to buy one message me in game. Of course the price has to be reasonable and it is definitely obtainable. But most people spend their penya before saving that much. Most penya I had at one time on hero so far is 4.7billion penya which I gotten most from selling things to players so there is definitely penya floating around.

Also if dex would fix the NPC tax then it would be the next best thing to having it ''RAIN THE BLOOD OF CHILDREN UPON THE LAND'' biggrin
Oh by the way Hades.. that is one sexy lama

Ahh just one last thing.. I also talked to dex and agreed it was rather unfair and I suggested him to add blessing for pets in the NPC to buy with penya so that non-donators can at least obtain 1/3/5/7/9 pets without donating. I believe I told him quite a few times but I suppose that was a no-go. (not that anyone would donate to get blessings anyways since you can just get the 9/9/9/9/9 probably cheaper in the long run) But maybe it was one of those things he would add if people would vote for the server more and get us in the top 3 dry . So quit blaming everything on me just because I get bored and kill everyone in arena.

Message edited by Falos - Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:16 PM

firebenderjayDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:16 PM | Message # 19
TROLL
Quote (Falos)
I already gave one away for free.

I know, to PowerKrazed.

Quote (Falos)
If anyone wants to buy one message me in game.

Then i'll be waitng until every non-donator got a 9/9/9/9/9 pet when he/she goes siege.

Just shush u face...

KrazeddDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:38 PM | Message # 20
Vagrant
uhm...
Quote (firebenderjay)
I know, to PowerKrazed.

uhm... i've donated. Dont you see my name in Recent Donators list? kthnx
dont talk what you dont know.
Also look at the Group Under My Name.. Sure says Gold Donator.

Message edited by Krazedd - Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:39 PM

firebenderjayDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 7:51 PM | Message # 21
TROLL
Quote (Krazedd)
uhm... i've donated. Dont you see my name in Recent Donators list? kthnx
dont talk what you dont know.
Also look at the Group Under My Name.. Sure says Gold Donator.

Then i'm wrong.
But gold donator doesn't mean u got ur own perfect pet.
I'm gold donator too and i do not own a perfect pet.

Just shush u face...

kuroganeDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:10 PM | Message # 22
Level 1
matt has given other donation stuff to other ppl too, not just krazedd.
dont really want to criticize you. but when the new server came up, you were really similar to matt. having power, and killing everyone in the arena. even forcing ppl to join your guild. and after since matt got stronger, you have been complaning all the way. i do agree with some stuff youre saying, but its just going too far.

you two are really similar, its just to bad you cant get along dammit...

a pet in my opinion is more like a booster to the character. yes its expensive, but thats just the way dex made it. complaining to him wont make it cheaper. youre still able to kill ppl with perfect pet. <br /> would have bought one myself but its just a "waste" of money. i donate to satisfy my need AND to support the server, and later being annoyed because its not that cheap to donate.

kuro

ps:
the lama is just, creepy in a way...

Message edited by kurogane - Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:20 PM

KrazeddDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:28 PM | Message # 23
Vagrant
Quote (kurogane)

i think you mean kristoff, and that was for a guild event.

firebenderjayDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:31 PM | Message # 24
TROLL
Quote (kurogane)
dont really want to criticize you. but when the new server came up, you were really similar to matt. having power, and killing everyone in the arena. even forcing ppl to join your guild. and after since matt got stronger, you have been complaning all the way. i do agree with some stuff youre saying, but its just going too far.

you two are really similar, its just to bad you cant get along dammit...

I never attk someone without a reason. So we're not simliar.

But it's sad to see that another person doesn't understand my text and the comments, like i said before read my text. Your stucture of arguments is based on little parts of my text, please read the full text and try to understand it.

Quote (kurogane)
a pet in my opinion is more like a booster to the character. yes its expensive, but thats just the way dex made it. complaining to him wont make it cheaper. youre still able to kill ppl with perfect pet. <br /> would have bought one myself but its just a "waste" of money.

1 I don't want it cheaper, i want to get rid of them. I said they're expensive to show that not many people will actually buy them and it's unfair.
And if you would call it a booster, Dex should sell statpoints to players too, also a booster.

Quote (kurogane)
i donate to satisfy my need AND to support the server, and later being annoyed because its not that cheap to donate.

FlyForHero has one of the cheapest cs stores, donating is not expensive compared to other pserver, do your research better

Just shush u face...

Message edited by firebenderjay - Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:32 PM

GodHadesDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 10:37 PM | Message # 25
GOD
Quote (firebenderjay)
Well, then that's a problem that needs to be fixed

So Dex is a problem that needs to be fixed?

Am I missing something here? Perhaps he did make an error in judgment.

Quote (firebenderjay)
Money > Your expression

lol, perhaps. We don't know yet though.

Quote (firebenderjay)
Matt summons me often into the arena with his lord powers to kill me. So no where in-game i'm safe.

I wasn't around to hear about that. If it happens again then let me or Dex know. Thats abuse of powers. If someone uses their powers to hinder another's playing experience, then I disapprove and will take action accordingly.

Quote (firebenderjay)
That's just BULLSHIT. Sorry to say Hades, but that's not correct. Most people stay out the arena during an invasion cause Matt will kill them. And if Matt decides to kill everyone during an invasion, of course all mobs be on him, there are no players left in the arena. Makes sence to me, doesn't it? And that's why other players wait outside until the "big" Matt is done and try to loot the drops. Also makes sence to me.

I hosted 1 invasion in the arena and the rest out of the arena. What are you talking about? Are you basing your whole argument on one situation? Yes, I saw what Matt did, and thats why I decided to hold all other invasions outside of the arena. The situation I described where Matt tanked the mobs was outside of the arena because no one else would. They waited for him.

Quote (firebenderjay)
I've no suggestions atm, i know the only solution is to defeat Matt

Then you'll never be satisfied no matter what is done, therefore, you're creating your own frustration. If you have no suggestions for further improvements, then I'll take your complaints as a way to alleviate your boredom - in which case, the label I've given you, "TROLL," would be correct.

Have anything else to say before I close this useless thread?

firebenderjayDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 11:28 PM | Message # 26
TROLL
Quote (GodHades)

So Dex is a problem that needs to be fixed?

hehe, no comment

Quote (GodHades)
I wasn't around to hear about that. If it happens again then let me or Dex know. Thats abuse of powers. If someone uses their powers to hinder another's playing experience, then I disapprove and will take action accordingly.

That's good to hear.

Quote (GodHades)
I hosted 1 invasion in the arena and the rest out of the arena. What are you talking about? Are you basing your whole argument on one situation? Yes, I saw what Matt did, and thats why I decided to hold all other invasions outside of the arena. The situation I described where Matt tanked the mobs was outside of the arena because no one else would. They waited for him.

Other invasions in arena. When you wasn't there.

Quote (GodHades)
Then you'll never be satisfied no matter what is done, therefore, you're creating your own frustration. If you have no suggestions for further improvements, then I'll take your complaints as a way to alleviate your boredom - in which case, the label I've given you, "TROLL," would be correct.

I'm assuming you'll remove that soon.

Quote (GodHades)
Have anything else to say before I close this useless thread?

This thread isn't useless, it opens eyes to other people and hopefully to Dex.

Just shush u face...

GodHadesDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 11:42 PM | Message # 27
GOD
Quote (firebenderjay)
This thread isn't useless, it opens eyes to other people and hopefully to Dex.

People have already stated their concerns to me. I've have read their messages, PMs, and posts. I've replied to each of them, stated Dex's policies, given solutions, and have asked and accepted suggestions. I expressed the players' concern to Dex, received his reasonings and have adjusted my decisions to make things more fun for players.
I read your comments, responded to them, and you indicated your dissatisfaction and gave no suggestions.
I believe my eyes are open and my judgment is not biased. I'm doing everything in my power to rectify the situation, so there is not much else I can do. I've decided to close the thread because it has degraded into the attacking of one player. I'm open for hearing opinions, but if there is no cooperation or helpful advice from the one making a complaint, then there is no point in continuing.

~Thread has been closed~

Forum » Fly For Hero » General » Letter to Dex.
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024