Wednesday, 2024-05-08, 0:59 AM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Fight Fairly. - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Help » Report someone » Fight Fairly.
Fight Fairly.
KikamizeDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 9:03 AM | Message # 1
Vagrant
Group: Creative Member
I don't know who, and I don't know why; but this has to stop. If you want to be a respected server, then I would suggest fighting fairly to gain players rather than hacking your way into a different private server for advertising. That's just sad.
[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/Kikamize/MMO/Errors%20-%20Reports/qZs1iU9W.jpg[/img]

Global Moderator/Event GM from Virtue Flyff

Message edited by Kikamize - Sunday, 2009-03-15, 9:04 AM

JunKDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 10:50 AM | Message # 2
Angel
Group: Head Moderator
well this is a repeat post but the only reason why im going to keep this open and alive is because of the pic.
but again we cannot control what others do, its ridiculous to think so

Yakuza - Blade101
xYakuza - Strongest Merc Flyff has ever seen

KikamizeDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 12:33 PM | Message # 3
Vagrant
I also have players reporting that they have seen your server's hacker doing the same corruption in another private server. Fallen Flyff I believe. Please know, that this does effect the views people have of your server and the respect that you've tried to gain over the time that it has been open. If you would act upon this in some way for your players, I would appreciate it. Our server does not wish to conflict with you, or any other server is any way, however, we will need some assistance from you to help resolve this, due to your server being imprinted in ours. Perhaps a notice for the players to stop advertising your server in others?

GodHadesDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 1:11 PM | Message # 4
GOD
Group: Blocked
Quote (Kikamize)
Please know, that this does effect the views people have of your server and the respect that you've tried to gain over the time that it has been open.

All private servers gain and lose players consistently everyday. Its basically impossible to build any kind of reputation if you take that into consideration. Just felt like that should be said.

Quote (Kikamize)
Our server does not wish to conflict with you, or any other server is any way, however, we will need some assistance from you to help resolve this, due to your server being imprinted in ours.

We do not wish any kind of confrontation as well, but you have to analyze this situation.
There is a hacker, with the capability to make himself a GM in some servers. What would he get out of advertising for us? Nothing really. So his intent of conflict is clear. He probably wants other servers to try to hack us - go figure. So, maybe its just me, but I don't think telling our players not to advertise for us will do anything; However, I will make a log on notice stating such if you think it will help.

The point I'm making is that there really is no way for us to help you guys resolve this. We can't point a finger at someone and tell them to stop because we don't know who it is. I know you are angry with what happened, but you can't take out your frustration on us because we had no idea.
All you can really do is try to figure out the hole the kid got through to hack your server and patch it.
Or you can just wait a couple days and whoever it is will get bored - realising that hes wasting his life.
Obviously, this hacker is probably just a bored kid who learned something new and is trying to exploit it. And honestly, I don't think we've gained any new players out of this because your players probably disregarded the spam. I sincerely hope you guys get this problem resolved and again, I'm sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

KikamizeDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 1:45 PM | Message # 5
Vagrant
Yes, such a notice would be appreciated. But please do know that I do not wish to point any fingers either or aggravated at any particular group of your staff. In my point of view, I'm not angry with the situation, I just wish for the players in our players to be relieved the complications and disturbances this hacker may have caused for them. From what our team sees thus far, it seems as though the hacker has been getting his power access from the user CPs that both Fallen FlyFF and Virtue Flyff may use. Our developer thinks that he has been slowly testing this breach for a number of days before this incident happened. He was appointing 1000 Access accounts on the CPs and GM entitlement, fortunately, he did not know how to grant in-game powers. That led him to attaining the information of an eGM account which allowed his advertisement.

Does your server consist of a User Control Panel that allows players to gain Buffers, Change Passwords, Teleport, Change Jobs, Change Names and Sizes? We confirmed that the other server who was targeted not long ago had this type of system on their website.

GodHadesDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 2:24 PM | Message # 6
GOD
Group: Blocked
Yes we do, and I know that hole. Its a hole that has to be put there on purpose. You'd better question who ever you got your userCP script from.

KikamizeDate: Sunday, 2009-03-15, 3:24 PM | Message # 7
Vagrant
Mmm, well, alright. Thank you for your assistance. I do hope that this does resolve. ^^

Forum » Help » Report someone » Fight Fairly.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024