Main | Absolutely horrible - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Old Threads » Absolutely horrible
Absolutely horrible
HathatDate: Thursday, 2009-08-13, 7:47 PM | Message # 1
Vagrant
Group: Fly For Hero Player
I couldn't figure out the downloads, and I've played on a privet server before and it wasn't even this confusing, and when I had asked for help, all Admin said was that it was easy.

Well apparently not, because on the download page of their website theres three download boxes, and I downloaded the first one which took about an hour and the bottom left which took about five minutes and they do nothing... I dont even know what to do with them because no one would give me the time of day to explain this.

angry

RUDE

Message edited by Hathat - Thursday, 2009-08-13, 8:13 PM

lordpersonDate: Thursday, 2009-08-13, 9:07 PM | Message # 2
Level 10
well... it took a while for me to figure out to, but the downloading part of the installer is becasuse it big and its big because installs EVERYTHING it needs to run the fly for hero server, the installtion takes a while for all the files, but other then that DON'T CALL DEX RUDE as a matter of fact, UR RUDE!!!!!! angry !!!!

and just enjoy the game, it may have some rude people here and there, but thats how servers work

Message edited by lordperson - Friday, 2009-08-14, 1:34 AM

AdminDate: Thursday, 2009-08-13, 10:34 PM | Message # 3
Admin of FFH
Group: Administrators
Like I said wait for the new patcher its nub freindly

GodHadesDate: Friday, 2009-08-14, 0:49 AM | Message # 4
GOD
Group: Blocked
Quote (Hathat)
no one would give me the time of day to explain this.

LOLWUT? Didn't I explain this all to you in another thread? I must be loosing my mind >_>
And then you have the audacity to call us rude. o_O I'm not sure if we should even help you now. I, personally, don't like to help impatient people.

And i never thought someone would find this installation process hard, lol. You just download one file and play. You don't need to be a computer expert to figure it out. Oh well, i guess my assumptions were wrong. Anyway, theres a patcher coming out that will do it all for you. I can't believe we sunk to this level.

HathatDate: Friday, 2009-08-14, 3:40 AM | Message # 5
Vagrant
but I threw it in a folder and a blank page comes up... thats it, and there only one thing to click @.@
I get frustrated when I can't figure things out </3

And if you guys are saying its easy, then I must have missed something >.> BIG

Can someone give me a full rundown please? do I only download the first block... thing or do I need the two underneath it? I think the one on the right is for XP users.

and is it okay to put in a regular folder x.x

AHHHHH

Added (2009-08-14, 3:40 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I double clicked the file when it downloaded (like two days ago now) and it tells me I have to open it WITH SOMETHING. sooooo yea, thats a good reason to be confused I think lol

AilynDate: Friday, 2009-08-14, 3:46 AM | Message # 6
Level 15
Seriously girl. wth did you download. xD

HathatDate: Friday, 2009-08-14, 3:48 AM | Message # 7
Vagrant
lol I went to the flyforhero site,

Clicked downloads
clicked the first download
put it in a folder,
and clicked on it.

: /

nothing happened lol

lordpersonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 5:02 PM | Message # 8
Level 10
uhh.okay, was it the big rectangle one or the smaller rectangle ones because the "first one" isn't going to cut it for me

HathatDate: Tuesday, 2009-08-18, 9:03 AM | Message # 9
Vagrant
The big rectangle.

Im gonna re-download it tonight while I'm sleeping.

I've found out that when I click a download it take about 5 minutes to start the install. : /
I think thats what it is.

AdminDate: Tuesday, 2009-08-18, 4:23 PM | Message # 10
Admin of FFH
Group: Administrators
Quote (Hathat)
The big rectangle.

Im gonna re-download it tonight while I'm sleeping.

I've found out that when I click a download it take about 5 minutes to start the install. : /
I think thats what it is.

Dont use the installer, download the new patcher. Its on the download page at http://flyforhero.net

HathatDate: Wednesday, 2009-08-19, 2:34 AM | Message # 11
Vagrant
Okay uhm... no installer even comes up, no patch either

I get a window that is titled Opening Flyff(2).rar

and it says "What should Firefox do with this file?"
I can choose Open With, or Save file.

Which do I do?

hayato725Date: Wednesday, 2009-09-09, 9:41 AM | Message # 12
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
Quote (Hathat)
I couldn't figure out the downloads, and I've played on a privet server before and it wasn't even this confusing, and when I had asked for help, all Admin said was that it was easy.

Well apparently not, because on the download page of their website theres three download boxes, and I downloaded the first one which took about an hour and the bottom left which took about five minutes and they do nothing... I dont even know what to do with them because no one would give me the time of day to explain this.

Ok this is what I kind of do and it works:

Note: if you get errors of any kind I would recommend you look at the link below. Like this common error Code 2 Result 2 which means your internet explorer is in offline mode and you need it to not be in offline mode because the program uses the help of internet explorer for patching.

http://flyff-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=837&t=2640318

Now for installing the game:

- Download the game from the official website http://flyff.gpotato.com/?m=download. I usually download it from gamershell because it is quick.
- Download the patch from the flyfh website. make sure you have winrar or something that opens .rar files.
- install the game to default folder (makes it easier to find), then you can go ahead and patch that if you so choose by starting up eflyff (I do that but it works even if you don't).
- drag the .exe from the .rar file and proceed to drop them in the installation folder (as far as a I know, there is nothing to replace if you have the new 3 patcher .exe's and are doing this from a clean installation).
- delete the file called flyff.a inside the installation folder.
- make a shortcut (if desired) of the new flyff.exe(s) file(s), click and proceed to patch.
- walah, game starts. (these instructions are even in the patcher file Flyff.rar so I don't see why you can install this wrong).

Edit: I also have to add the fact that the patcher now has 3 files in it. What this means is that each file (for the patcher) is the file you need to press in order to enter a certain channel. If you want to enter say Channel 2 After you have been in Channel 1, you would have to completely quit the game and use the patcher icon for Channel 2 instead. If that troubles you very much, It probably would be better for you to just stick to one Channel Patcher shortcut all together (for example, just stick to staying on Channel 1 if you'd like, and if that isn't confusing for that matter).

P.S. also note that the forum registering is separate from the ingame registering. To register for an ingame account, go to the official site and click the register button at the top. Registering on here (the forums) will register an account with the forums but will not essentially let you in the game (and I have seen a lot of people confuse that).

Part of the Illustrious "Team Phantom" squad!!! Be a fan today!

Message edited by hayato725 - Wednesday, 2009-09-09, 9:42 AM

PhantomXIIIDate: Saturday, 2009-09-26, 3:06 AM | Message # 13
Bloody
Group: Head Moderator
I hope you've received enough help in light of this situation. It is understandable that such things can be quite frustrating, but as Hades has mentioned, you must have more patience -- keep your cool.

Please don't be quick to judge the people who run the server. They're quite busy in managing the server and may not be able to spare the quality time (that you desire from them) to help you.

Added (2009-09-26, 3:06 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Topic closed.

Forum » General » Old Threads » Absolutely horrible
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024