Saturday, 2024-05-18, 1:26 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | More Channels and More Safe - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Old Threads » More Channels and More Safe (The Choice I give is up to you)
More Channels and More Safe
AdminDate: Friday, 2009-08-28, 8:28 PM | Message # 1
Admin of FFH
Group: Administrators
Hey People,

So the "PK Channel" hasnt got the best of reputations with it wiping everyone, but the good side of it is that that channel is pretty lagless.. I guess the bad outweighs the good though so...

I'v figured out a method where I could Add MORE Channels for leveling and atleast 1 channel for PVP and these channels would be hosted on the same dedicated server meaning no delay in data to the database = A much slimmer chance of being wiped (Same chance as s1). Also, there would be way less lag if everyone was split up across the channels and addtionally if 1 channel gets "Spiked" (Get a conenction error) then you can simply go on another channel and play.

There is a downside however, I would need to create a patcher to start each channel. So for example if you wanted to go Channel 3 you would need to quit the game and start up "FlyForHero Channe 3 Patcher" . This would patch 1 thing in your flyff folder and allow you to access channel 3, however once your running through the "FlyForHero Channel 3 Patcher" you will not be able to connect to the other channels ( You would need to quit flyff and start with a different channel patcher ) .

I dont know if you guys are to lazy to go ahead with that but heh, its better then getting wiped. I would need to fully upgrade the dedicated server so it would be able to run so many channels on the same device, SO I dont want to upgrade and then see no ones actually using the other channels.

I hope I didnt make that to complicated >_>

Leave your thoughts about this idea, if your for or against.

MorePreciousThenGoldDate: Friday, 2009-08-28, 8:44 PM | Message # 2
Level 1
Group: Fly For Hero Player
I vote yes.
Reason: Because it's a bloody good idea.
I can guarantee, that i will play the other channels!
Anyways, let's hope the rest of the people here, also gives it a thumbs up.
Good work Dex. smile

FalosDate: Friday, 2009-08-28, 9:24 PM | Message # 3
Ninja
Group: Gold Donator
I got dibs on channel 3 angry

RowessDate: Friday, 2009-08-28, 10:22 PM | Message # 4
Vagrant
Group: Fly For Hero Player
I am mainly for it but have one question. Would it make events where everyone is on pk server anyways less laggy?

markjo12Date: Saturday, 2009-08-29, 2:48 PM | Message # 5
Vagrant
Group: Creative Member
not a bad idea

[PIMP]allstar23 ( 5x rebirth Blade)
[GOLDDIGGER]McLoVeME(Hero Psy)
GodlyLove(Hero Jester)
allstar23(hero knight)

AdminDate: Saturday, 2009-08-29, 10:28 PM | Message # 6
Admin of FFH
Group: Administrators
Quote (Rowess)
I am mainly for it but have one question. Would it make events where everyone is on pk server anyways less laggy?

Eh O.o .. if we did do a event on a certain channel we would make an announcement which all channels could see so everyone knows whats going on, and less lag yush.

hayato725Date: Friday, 2009-09-04, 3:28 AM | Message # 7
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
hmm... considering that the only drawback would be quitting flyff to start up a different channel patcher file, I say that this idea would be a terrific idea! I think that if there are more channels to choose from, people will use them (although I can never be entirely sure of that). However, I can say that I am open to this idea and that I would personally make use of each channel (I like the idea that if a channel gets spiked, I can always keep playing on a different channel, that would be a life-saver). Anyways, its a good idea so you have my support! Go Dex!

Part of the Illustrious "Team Phantom" squad!!! Be a fan today!

Forum » General » Old Threads » More Channels and More Safe (The Choice I give is up to you)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024