Monday, 2024-05-06, 9:56 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Do You Think Vista is horrible? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Off-Topic » Do You Think Vista is horrible? (As it says, please comment.)
Do You Think Vista is horrible?
Do you like using Vista?
1. Vista is lame [ 0 ] [0.00%]
2. Yea right, I like the new Windows 7 [ 1 ] [20.00%]
3. Whats Vista? [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. Windows XP is where its at! [ 3 ] [60.00%]
5. Vista is awsome. [ 1 ] [20.00%]
Answers total: 5
hayato725Date: Monday, 2009-09-07, 3:55 AM | Message # 1
Level 10
Group: Creative Member
Well I have always been really, really angry at the shame of an OS called Vista (yes, it is a horrible OS in my opinion, and makes MAC shoot bullets at them for creating and feeding the already ludicrous statement that "Windows crashes, therefore, it sucks" or the other ever popular "Windows is virus and intruder prone, while MAC is not"... I laugh at those 2 statements (because the only reason MAC is germ free is because no one "uses" a MAC for malicious activity, and because nothing, no system of electronics is ever 100% safe or secure from peering eyes anyway). Sure, Windows can sometimes give you many, many problems, but it doesn't hurt to know a little bit more about how your computer works in order to avoid common ones right?? Well anyways, about Vista. YES, I think Vista is horrible. Reason being?

1. Because of the UAC feature. Why do you even need this? It is more annoying then helpful, especially since it has me saying "why are you asking me when I know its not a virus?" question every time the endless pool of questioning happens.
2. Lack of compatibility. So they force us to move to another NEW OS, when XP is just fine right now? I mean really, when you move to Vista, installation problems WILL plague you (and I weep when I type that since ALOT of my programs are XP and below based programs that do not work on Vista at all).

I think I might ramble on before I ever finish typing, so I will just leave it at that and leave it up to your opinions happy . So do you think Vista is horrible? Please no biased opinions, I need you to give a good reason as to why you think its good/bad. I don't want comments saying "its sooooo good!!!" because you didn't actually compare or give a good basis to your opinion. I mean especially if you've only tried "one" OS. Now 'that' is biased!

Part of the Illustrious "Team Phantom" squad!!! Be a fan today!

GodHadesDate: Monday, 2009-09-07, 8:54 AM | Message # 2
GOD
Group: Blocked
Oh man, I can rant and rant about how bad Vista(aka: the broken OS) is. Windows 7 is getting some good reviews, but so far, benchmark tests are saying XP is still better (if you're not finding the biased ones put out by microsoft).

The problem with Vista and Win7 is that they have this feature where you have to run programs under admin in order to get functionality. Not only does this screw with what the program is doing, but it will even limit it when YOU DO run it as admin. Christ! I can't tell you just how annoying that is, especially from a programmer's perspective. They're basically saying they think window users are to dumb to do anything on their own.

Oh god, and not to mention the resource hogging. Vista is horrible with this. Win7 looks like it is going to have the same problem, but they keep reducing it slightly for every new release.

And lastly, again from a programmer's perspective, microsoft wants you to program under their newest environments, and yet, they don't distribute it under a windows update to their customers. So these enviroments are useless unless you tell people to upgrade to them before using an application. To fix this, you are forced to use older enviroments that don't support certain controls and new codes just so people don't have to upgrade.
So from now on, I will be forced to release my apps under .net framework 2.0 so they can work on everyones comp without problem.

DAMN YOU MICROSOFT! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!

You can always switch to linux or mac, but lets be honest:
Mac is for people who want to be trendy faggots
Linux is for people who want to be untrendy faggots
Windows is just for people who want to use a computer.

Not to mention, most things are for windows anyway. :/

P.S. HELL YEAH! More off-topic discussions!

PhantomXIIIDate: Monday, 2009-09-28, 3:07 AM | Message # 3
Bloody
Group: Head Moderator
I suck with computers and so I'm not as tech-savvy as A LOT of people here.

At any rate, I miss Windows XP. My nine-year old laptop is still alive and kicking with XP. It has like ZERO compatibility issues as I have Office 2007 and other programs that are not normally present on most new laptops. Some only have Office 2003 and those with 2007, it's a trial version. Lame. XD

I also find the commercials lame.

That's my short rant. Anyways, XP FTW!

Added (2009-09-28, 3:07 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Topic closed.

PM me if you want it re-opened.

Cheers.

Forum » General » Off-Topic » Do You Think Vista is horrible? (As it says, please comment.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024