Tuesday, 2024-05-21, 1:57 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Resizing Window with Patcher Not Working? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Fly For Hero » Help! » Resizing Window with Patcher Not Working?
Resizing Window with Patcher Not Working?
cinderellaxDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 7:43 PM | Message # 1
Vagrant
Group: Fly For Hero Player
My friend told me that the new patcher allows you to set the same options as the Official Flyff Patcher, including window size. However, everytime I try to do so, it reverts back to 1024 x 768, which really, really works bad with my screen size. I have it set in the patcher to overwrite nuez.ini, I've been trying to set the screen size to either 800 x 600 or 1280 x 720, non full screen. I've tried just setting the size and starting, I've tried setting the size then repatching.

Either way, I end up having to go into nuez.ini directly to edit the settings. Is there a secret step I'm missing, or is this feature not working yet, or what?

GodHadesDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 9:58 PM | Message # 2
GOD
Group: Blocked
hey, I'v been testing the code for resizing the window, and it seems to work on my end as well as work on other comps.
Possible Problems:

-the patcher is not in the same folder as the neuz.ini file.

-Go to 7th line in the "setting.txt" file and if it says [DefaultPath], change that to the actual folder path.
Ex: C:\Program Files\FlyfH
Without quotations and spaces.

-Finally, another problem might be that you're on vista. It seems a majority of users on vista is having problems because vista restricts the patcher from overwriting and modifying files. The only advice I can give is to run the patcher under Administrator (which is a Vista option).

If neither works, PM me.

Message edited by GodHades - Saturday, 2008-12-06, 9:59 PM

cinderellaxDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 11:21 PM | Message # 3
Vagrant
Group: Fly For Hero Player
I am running Windows Vista, but I decided to try the setting.txt suggestion anyway, and it worked...

...also, if it helps if anybody else has this issue with Vista, I found a nifty website that shows you how to set something to always run as Admin (for dummies like me who thought you had to right-click and select everytime):

http://www.vistaclues.com/always-run-an-application-as-an-administrator/

Thanks for the help biggrin

Forum » Fly For Hero » Help! » Resizing Window with Patcher Not Working?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024