Main | Graphics Website - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Old Threads » Graphics Website
Graphics Website
ArcadyDate: Monday, 2009-08-24, 11:55 AM | Message # 1
Vagrant
Group: Site Moderators
I know this is advertising but bear with me I asked Dex to post but he forgot(bastard),
Me and a couple of other people created a graphics website (www.graphitica.net)
Its still in its early stages and thus we're still working on it, But if you like that sort of thing just drop by.

Thanks Arc (Dex you can delete if you want....but *cough* pointshop *cough* biggrin )
*quick edit* Oh yeah, and tell me what you think of it...

Message edited by Arcady - Monday, 2009-08-24, 11:56 AM

GodHadesDate: Tuesday, 2009-08-25, 3:35 AM | Message # 2
GOD
Group: Blocked
Nice setup you got. Very well put together, but i have some suggestions.

Ok, first, your website would be competing with all the other image uploading sites. So how in the world would people even find your site and why would they use it? Whats your site got that makes it so special?

From a business perspective, you need a theme. You need to attract a certain group of users. Whos your target audience?
Maybe instead of just uploading images, users can submit flyff themes and custom files. And you can have your website organize them into categories with a Picture, description, and credits. It really all depends on how much coding you know. And thats just one theme out of the infinite possibilities. Do whatever you're into.

Once you start getting page views, set up a donation link. It will help sustain and expand your site if need be. If your site is hosted for free, then you'd just be making a profit. Add one or two advertisments to the side or bottom of the page, and you'll generate profits from the clicks.

Now you have a website that attracts a set base of users, pays for itself, and makes you a profit. This will lead way to expansion and greater profits - process repeat.
If you leave it the way it is, i don't see it going anywhere. But of course, you're not done yet, and this seems to be a work in progress. amirite?

Anywho, i don't have a Business card ;D but you know where to find me.... right here.
You can send me a PM later telling me how awesome I am :3

MorePreciousThenGoldDate: Tuesday, 2009-08-25, 7:13 PM | Message # 3
Level 1
Group: Fly For Hero Player
Wow hades, i can already tell you're awesome. :3
Anyway, site looks good keep it up, might become something big.
Cheers.

ArcadyDate: Thursday, 2009-08-27, 2:24 PM | Message # 4
Vagrant
Group: Site Moderators
Yeah the image upload was just something random that one of the other admins wanted, Its not nessesarily about competing with other image upload sites (is,pb etc) but more just for use if your showing off a sig or something.

Right now donations aren't really a problem, everythings paid for a while and even then I have offers.
And yeah, it is still being worked on, I'm getting a few more people to help code it so hopefully it won't take too long anyways - but even then the code is not even remotely difficult, its just the quantity of it to prevent injections etc.

At the moment the main problem is trying to get visitors who actually stay and are active...

Forum » General » Old Threads » Graphics Website
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024