Saturday, 2024-05-18, 5:32 PM
Fly for Hero Forums
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | More Suggestions - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General » Old Threads » More Suggestions (Thread Name Says All.)
More Suggestions
firebenderjayDate: Friday, 2009-10-02, 4:51 PM | Message # 1
TROLL
Group: Head Moderator
More Suggestions ^^

Vote Suggestion
I start with a more effective way to get votes while removing the pop-up from the main site.
I got the idea from the private server iFlyff.
Just by removing the pop-up from the main page and giving players a small but helpful reward for voting we could really increase the number of votes given by players.

Pett Suggestion
I did a suggestion earlier about the pett system. I asked if the exp of pett could be increased, the awnser to that suggestion was no for some reason.
Thats why i decided to come up with a new pett system while leaving the pett exp the same.

As you al might have noticed, no one in-game has a pett, besides donator who can buy a S class pett by donating (nothing wrong with that).
But the reason no one lvls a pett is because the bonus is relative low on this server. the +75 str bonus (if you get a perfect pett) isn't that high anymore after a few rebirths. If you do 10 rebirth's you have 2113 statpoints ( (119*2)+(60*1)+(10*180)+15=2113 ). That makes the +75str bonus look pretty small, and while you are gaining more rebirth's it will become smaller and smaller.

So my pett suggestion is:
The pett bonus should increase with the number of rebirth's you have, so that a pett doesn't look as useless as it does now. I'm still working on a formula to show you what impact that suggestion can give to the use of a pett.

Read on below.

Added (2009-10-02, 4:51 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
PvP Suggestion: Chaser Mode
Some of you might know the Game s4 league. Thats where i got this idea from. The game goes like this:
The game starts with one player being selected randomly to be the "Chaser".
The Chaser has gained unique powers (in s4 that would be, they can walk faster, can deal more damage and has more HP)(cause the game is all v.s. the Chaser)
The goal of the Chaser is to kill all other players within a limited time (depends on how much other player there are competing).
All player competing have a score (including the Chaser) (the score starts with 0 at the begin of the game).
The player being selected as Chaser can gain points by killing other players. The Chaser gets double points for killing a player who is selected as a "target" (which is randomly too, when the Chaser kills the target, someone else will be)
The other regular players can get points by dealing damage to the Chaser or killing him/her. (which in s4 is pretty hard)
If the Chaser kills everyone, his round is over. The team that wins (the Chaser or the other players) gain 10 standard points for wining the round.
After the time that one player have been the Chaser is expelled, another player gets randomly selected to be the Chaser in a new round (Rounds last about 1-5minutes, depending on how much players there are competing) (all points made by the previous Chaser and regular players will hold)
After 10-20-30 minutes (depending on the game settings) the game ends and its over.
(Other players CANNOT attack eachother or help the Chaser (except by letting the Chaser kill them))

Both Of The Video's Aren't Mine!

Here's a demonstration video of the gameplay in s4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHcGTFCJ10Q

Here's an example of how it looks like in-game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLJyHQW3xcs&feature=related
As you see, some players a fleeing from the Chaser and some are trying to kill it.

Translation to FlyFF
I know that i should wait for a GM to read this and say if its realistic to make it (since it will be alot of scripting), but I decided to give you an idea how it could look in FlyFF.

First of all we might need a new map for it, the arena is to small, maybe the guild siege room (i know you (Dev's / GM's) have had problem with that room but its just to get an idea how big the room should be for this playing mode).
The easiest way to select the Chaser is to make new buff that can be given by a GM, the buffs will give one player the power (something like HP +250%, DEF+100%, all stats +75, MP/FP+200%, ATK+100%, SPEED+40%). The Chaser really needs that extreme buffs, because he's/she's competing against alot of players. After the buff are gone, the round is over (or after the Chaser has killed every player/the players have killed the Chaser). A GM selects randomly another player and the game goes on.
Because many skills in s4 can stun the Chaser i think we should enable more skills to be able to stun during this event (for the Chaser and players). That way my suggestion about scrolls of Holy come in use =)
If all other players group on the Chaser, the Chaser would just killl them all with his buffs, but if we add stun + Scrolls of Holy it becomes a challenge for the players and the Chaser. The players have to decide if they run, let the time run out or group togheter on the Chaser. The Chaser has to chase after the players if they run, which is a challenge if they split up, or the Chaser has to use Scrolls of Holy AND attack the players while they group on him/her with stun attaks. Its just to easy for the Chaser to kill everyone if he has a speed bonus and alot of power.

I think it could be an amazing event and we really could be unique as a pserver to host this sort of pvp-events.

Scripting required:
-New buffs to give the selected Chaser his powers (or another way to give him/her powers)
-A sort of menu to keep the score (maybe something like how it looks in guild siege)
-Maybe a new map to host the event
-A system which enables the Chaser to kill other players. And a system which disables the other players to attack eachother. A method that could be used is a special buff that gives the Chaser "The right to attack and the right to be attacked" If a GM aplies that to the randomly selected player, it enables him/her to kill other player and also disables other player to attack eachother casue they do not have the right to attack. They can attack the Chaser, cause the Chaser has the right to be attacked and other players do not have that.

I think the game isn't hard to understand, there is only some doubt on how strong a Chaser should be. Besides that there isn't alot of scripting requiered cause we could do the Chaser selection through buffs.

Read on below

Added (2009-10-02, 4:51 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Reduce The Time Of Spike Suggesion

When there is a spike in FlyFH not alot of players (mostly the new players or the players that aren't in the chatroom) know that there is a spike. To prevent those players from trying to login to the game, I think Dex should allow some CM's/GM's to take the login down(or another way to prevent players to login). I don't know how this could affect the security of the main server or if the login is coupled to the server. I also don't know how long it takes to take it off/put it back on. But i decided to suggest it, i hope it isn't that complicated and Dex could make it work happy

Well my fingers hurt now xD that was alot of typing. I hope CM's GM's will read my entire suggestions and reply their opinion about them. I really hope you will think about the "Chaser Suggestion" because it really is a unique PvP system, i'm 100% this is the first flyff (p)server that might have such a unique system and it also will attract lots of new players.

Thank you for reading,

Jay

Just shush u face...

PhantomXIIIDate: Friday, 2009-10-02, 7:27 PM | Message # 2
Bloody
Quote (firebenderjay)
Vote Suggestion

I like this idea. I believe that Hades has suggested making such a system, but it never bore fruition. Bringing this suggestion up again is good.

Quote (firebenderjay)
Pett Suggestion

This idea is good in its own right. The pets will be like super accessory that grows with them which is pretty cool. Lots of scripting to be done though (IF possible).

Quote (firebenderjay)
PvP Suggestion: Chaser Mode

I like this idea in theory. As you've already mentioned, it's going to be a lot of work. But hey, really awesome.

Quote (firebenderjay)
Reduce The Time Of Spike Suggesion

Eh, it is one of those things that can't be avoided. Thank you for your concern.

I appreciate your suggestions as well as your insight into them. Really, it's much better than your feedback about our site in terms of professionalism and overall awesomeness.

Cheers.

firebenderjayDate: Friday, 2009-10-02, 7:38 PM | Message # 3
TROLL
Quote (PhantomXIII)
I appreciate your suggestions as well as your insight into them. Really, it's much better than your feedback about our site in terms of professionalism and overall awesomeness.

Hehe ye ur right. My feedback about the site was unecessary, the only thing i really mean was that i didn't like the pop-up and the forum site doesn't look like the main page, thats kinda all.

Just shush u face...

PhantomXIIIDate: Saturday, 2009-10-03, 0:31 AM | Message # 4
Bloody
Quote (firebenderjay)
I like this idea. I believe that Hades has suggested making such a system, but it never bore fruition. Bringing this suggestion up again is good.

Ooh... nvm. I found the original thread. It's a no-go:

http://flyforhero.ucoz.com/forum/9-1808-1

firebenderjayDate: Monday, 2009-10-05, 2:05 PM | Message # 5
TROLL
too bad =[

Just shush u face...

PhantomXIIIDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 10:21 AM | Message # 6
Bloody
Topic closed.

Forum » General » Old Threads » More Suggestions (Thread Name Says All.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024